Contactless Curbside Pick UpWhile our building remains closed to the public, we are excited to announce starting June 15, 2020 Calumet City Public Library cardholders may pick up holds via Contactless Curbside!
- Place up to five (5) holds per library card through the online catalog or call us at (708) 862-6220. For juvenile materials, ages 0 to 12, please dial the Youth Services department at extension 3. For all other materials, please dial Adult Services at extension 2.
- We will send you a confirmation when your holds are ready for pick up. Depending on your notice preference, you will be notified by phone, email or text message.
Pick up your holds during Contactless Curbside hours.
Monday - Friday
9:30AM - 11:30AM
1:30PM - 3:30PM
- When you arrive at the library, locate the Contactless Curbside spots at the east end of the pull through. There are two spots marked with cones. Pull into the first available spot and note the signage on the curb.
- Text the posted number on the signage that you have arrived.
- When prompted, choose the number spot you are in.
- When prompted, enter your name and library card number.
- A staff member will confirm that you are able to open your trunk. If not, we will leave your bag of items on the curbside by your door. Please remain in your vehicle for the entirety of your transaction.
- Enjoy your items! A receipt with return due dates will be included with your items.
- Staff will not take any returns curbside. All returns must be done via a book drop.
- All returns will be quarantined before being checked-in and taken off your account. The duration of quarantine may vary anywhere from 4 to 8 days, depending on current guidance.
- If requesting online, you may be able to request more than 5 items, however keep in mind staff will only pull up to 5 items. If there are any items you would like to prioritize and get first, please contact us.
- For the duration of curbside service, the library will be following Fine Free for Now circulation rules. All materials will loan for 3 weeks and have 2 renewals. Renewals are automatic, but will only occur when there are no other holds on the item.
- As part of Fine Free for Now we will not be charging any overdue fines for late materials. After 14 days overdue your account will blocked. We do advise not taking the full 14 days grace period however due to the returns quarantine. Additionally, this waiver does not apply to any fines accrued before our closure.
Reference ServicesWhile our building may remain closed, our staff is still available to answer your questions! Contact us via phone, email or Facebook message for service.
- Call (708) 862-6220 to reach a staff member.
Please keep in mind limited staff hours may mean leaving a voicemail. Please leave your name, number, and the information you need, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
For juvenile inquiries, dial extension 3 for Youth Services.
For adult and teen questions, dial extension 2 for Adult Services.
For questions about your account, dial extension 1 for Circulation.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and your inquiry will be routed to the appropriate staff for assistance.
- Message us on Facebook for assistance any time. Depending on your question, your inquiry may be routed to the appropriate staff and answered at a later time.
24/7 Digital ServicesCCPL card holders can access library resources, including eBooks, audiobooks, music, video and online resources, 24/7 on our website.
- Brainfuse HelpNow: Live homework help from 2pm to 11pm in English and Spanish
- MediaOnDemand: Downloadable eBooks and audiobooks
- Hoopla: Streaming and downloadable audiobooks, music, video and eBooks
- SWAN Libraries App: Check on the status of your account and find digital materials available to you as a CCPL card holder