If you live in another city, please go to your city’s library to find out what you need in order to take advantage of the free services the library offers. And chances are that once you receive a card from your city’s library, you may be able to use that card here at Calumet City Public Library to check out certain materials.
To read the full policy, please click here.
660 Manistee Avenue
Calumet City, IL 60409
We are located two blocks east of Torrence, at Pulaski Road (also called 154th Street) and in between Marquette Avenue and Manistee Avenue. We are located across from the Calumet City Police and Fire Departments.
To get directions to our location, please click here.
here, or call our Administration Department at (708) 862-6220 ext. 5.
catalog.swanlibraries.net/ccs and click on My Account in the upper right hand corner. Once there, you will enter the full library card number without any spaces or letters and your self-selected PIN. Please be advised that on April 14, 2015 all PINs were reset to the last four digits of the telephone number on file. If you do not have a PIN, or if you encounter any problems with sign in, please call the Circulation Desk at (708) 862-6220 ext. 1. Additionally, if you are not a Calumet City Public Library patron please call your home library for assistance in this matter.
Adult Services (teens in grades 9-12 and adults): (708) 862-6220 ext. 2
Youth Services (birth through 8th grade): (708) 862-6220 ext. 3
|2.||Go online to our catalog at catalog.swanlibraries.net/ccs, search for the material you desire, click on request, and sign in to your account to complete the transaction. Please see "How do I access my account online?" above for instructions on how to sign in.|
The library offers passes as part of the Museum Adventure Pass program. The discounts you can receive depend upon the individual museum or attraction. For a full listing of the participating museums and their specific discounts, please visit Museum Adventure Pass online.
Check pass availabilty online:
- Visit Museum Adventure Pass to get started!
- Using the search feature at the of the bottom page, find the Calumet City Public Library by zip code 60409.
- Calumet City Public Library will be the first result. Click the link "Passes Available" under CCPL.
- Here you'll see a list of available passes and the quantity available.
- To request a pass through the website, click "ONLINE Pass Request" next to the desired museum.
- Complete the Pass Request form with your first and last name, library card number and email address.
- A Library staff member will be in contact to confirm.
The library is pleased to offer free and discounted museum and attraction passes through Explore More Illinois! This service provides instant, online access to offers for museums, science centers, sporting events, zoos, park districts, theaters, and other fun and local cultural venues.
You are allowed three (3) active reservations per library card. Please cancel your reservation(s) if unable to attend, otherwise the reservation will count as being used. Remember that once you print or download your pass you cannot cancel your reservation.
Reserve a pass online:
- Visit Explore More Illinois to get started!
- Choose Calumet City Public Library from the dropdown menu.
- Enter your library card number and PIN to login.
- Using the calendar, choose what date of your reservation.
- Choose the Reserve option under the desired attraction.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your passes.