Come Work With Us!
Youth Services Clerk (1 Part-Time Position Available)
What You’ll Do for CCPL:
- Delivers core services to children and their caregivers at the service desk in person or via telephone, email, instant message, or any other form of electronic communication including searches for information and basic readers’ advisory.
- Assists patrons to identify, locate and retrieve materials appropriate to their informational or recreational needs, in house or via interlibrary loan.
- Utilizes (and guides staff and patrons) with registration of the public access computers and maintenance of the patron database as well as other library technology including on-line databases, e-content, mobile apps, and the Internet.
- Responsible for departmental mailings, public relations projects and Youth Services program publicity for distribution to local schools and newspapers via snail mail/social media.
- May assist with core Collection Maintenance tasks.
- In charge of preparing items for the “giveaway” shelves.
- Assists with monthly displays and decorating bulletin boards.
What CCPL Can Offer You:
- Starting wage for this position is $11.33 hourly.
- Non-exempt position, working up to 18 hours per week.
- Supportive team environment, collaborating to achieve success.
- Library Administration that prioritizes continuing education.
Youth Services Clerk Job Ad
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Minimum one (1) year Customer Service related work experience.
- Prior library experience desirable.
- Calumet City resident preferred.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office, Google tools and virtual working environments.
- Ability to work independently and productively.
- Communicates clearly and effectively to establish and maintain professional relationships with staff and patrons.
- Availability to meet day, evening and weekend hours requirements.
- Access to regular, reliable transportation.