Library ClosureUPDATE (3/27/20): In compliance with Governor J.B. Pritzker's shelter-in-place order, the library will be closed through April 7th, 2020. We tentatively plan to reopen on Wednesday, April 8th at 10:00AM. Please refer to our Facebook for any updates.
This decision is to mitigate the risk and impact of coronavirus (COVID-19), and in conjunction with Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker’s two-week statewide school closure to minimize COVID-19 spread. The Calumet Memorial Park District facilities are also closed and programs cancelled through Wednesday, April 1st.
We will not be charging overdue fines. All materials checked out from the library with due dates between March 7th and April 30th have been extended until May 1st. Please do not return any materials to our book drops while we remain closed.
Stay connected with us on Facebook and Twitter as we share fun and educational resources that may be accessed remotely with your library card during this difficult time.
VotingThe library building will remain open as a polling center for Early Voting on Monday, March 16th until 7:00pm. Precinct 35 will vote at the library on election day Tuesday, March 17th from 6:00am to 7:00pm.
24/7 Digital ServicesCCPL card holders can access library resources, including eBooks, audiobooks, music, video and online resources, 24/7 on our website.
- Brainfuse HelpNow: Live homework help from 2pm to 11pm in English and Spanish
- MediaOnDemand: Downloadable eBooks and audiobooks
- Hoopla: Streaming and downloadable audiobooks, music, video and eBooks
- SWAN Libraries App: Check on the status of your account and find digital materials available to you as a CCPL card holder
Where to Get COVID-19 Facts
- City of Calumet City
- Call Illinois’ COVID-19 Hotline at 1 (800) 889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get updates from the Illinois Department of Public Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).